Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charles W. Eliot

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sometimes Explosions are Really Just Fireworks

I started three different blog posts tonight and, quite honestly, wasn't inspired by any of them. Then my daughter walked into the room and the fireworks started. No, not that kind - not the kind you usually experience with a tween or teen. She sat down and said, "Mom, you have to see this!". I couldn't tell from her expression if it was something she thought I'd like or hate so I braced myself. She cued up her laptop and there on the screen was a music video for Katy Perry 's new song Firework. Wow! No need to keep you in suspense - it's powerful, in a positive way.

No book recommendation today - just a song and a music video - and a chance for a moment of coolness in the eyes of your kids (generally so hard to come by). The video has only been circulating for a few days so there's even a slight chance that your kids haven't seen it yet. And even if they have, it's well worth watching together.

To each of my own kids, I just want to say "Baby, you're a firework" and I love you very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment