Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charles W. Eliot

Saturday, December 4, 2010

What I'm Reading Now

I am about to start Steve Stern's The Frozen Rabbi. I appreciated that reviews compared the author to Michael Chabon, who I think is a brilliant writer, and the fact that reviews of this book described it as exuberant, hysterically comical, poignant and satisfying.

The story begins with a 15 year old finding the body of a frozen rabbi in his parents' basement freezer. I know from the summary that this ancient rabbi came from Poland. I also know that the rabbi will thaw and be revitalized in this story and that the consequences will be disastrous.What can I say? I suspect this book is unlike anything I've ever read and that always appeals to me so I'll give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment